Monday, October 20, 2008

More Monitoring

We went in last night for more monitoring. Even though I kept pretty low key Saturday and Sunday I was still contracting. I was up a little more Saturday because of the baby shower but not much. Every time I was up too much someone made me go sit down. Sunday I was contracting a lot. Again, nothing painful or with any kind of regularity but enough so that I was worried. So, we made the trip to Valley and spent a few hours in L&D. They put me on the monitors and I was contracting about every 10-11 minutes. The nurse checked my cervix and said I was 1cm "and a wiggle" but still closed inside. That's good news that the contractions weren't doing much, but they were doing something. So she gave me some more medicine and watched to make sure it worked and sent us home.
Doug put the printer in the bedroom now and I am on strict instructions to keep my butt there. He keeps telling me that once we're past the 36 week point that she'll get stubborn and decide that she's happy and comfortable in there and doesn't want to leave her snug "Mommy Condo". I think once I'm up and fully mobile again she'll be out in no time. We'll see.
So, I'm on lock-down for the next 19 days. All in all not so bad. It's plenty of time to get all caught up on my TV shows, ahead in school and at work, and ready for baby!
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: