Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our day at the Experience Music Projec

Doug and I took the girls to the Experience Music Project in Seattle today. We even bought a membership since it was only $9 more than a single day's admission. We brought along a picnic lunch to have in the grassy area before we hit the museum. I was hoping that the International Fountain would be open but it was closed for cleaning. Oh well. We sat in the grass and had a nice lunch. Just sandwiches, chips, sodas and treats but it was nice. The girls ran around and chased each other and we even managed to get Doug to do a cartwheel.
After lunch we explored the museum and had a good time. All of the kids seem to really enjoy the Sound Lab where they could play different instruments - drums, guitars, keyboards and even sing! That's where they spent the bulk of the time.
Doug's favorite part was the Science Fiction museum and we spent a while looking around there and listening to Doug say "oooooh" a lot.
My favorite part was the Jim Henson exhibit. I LOVED the Muppets as a kid. The girls were able to play with the different puppets and be part of Electric Mayhem! One thing I would like to do is to get all of the Muppet movies on DVD and even some of the Muppet shows. They were such a big part of my childhood and I'd love to share them with the girls. I think they'd enjoy them. I was even able to get a copy of The Monster at the End of this Book. It was my favorite book when I was a kid. I remember reading it over and over. I can't wait to read it to Fiona. I know I read it to the other kids dozens of times.
All in all a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy crap, Krystyne is a clone of you with brown hair.