Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Joy of Being Mom

It's been a while since I've updated. I guess I've just been busy being and haven't really stopped lately to reflect and I can tell the difference. Mother's Day was wonderful and has had me reflecting lately on how much I am enjoying my role as a mother. There were times when I it was not at the top of my list of the most fun I've ever had. When you are having enough trouble with yourself it is hard to take on the role of caring for others. More and more often these days I find myself relishing in this part of who I am.
With the wide range of ages of the girls it can sometimes be hard to get my barrings. It's hard not to feel like you're on a rollercoaster when you're trying to seriously explain the need to "wait until you're really ready" while changing a diaper and being cooed at.
I was wondering the house earlier trying to entertain Fi and just took in my surroundings. Such a wonderful, hectic, fulfilling life I lead! How blessed I am!
As my husband left this morning looking handsome in his tie I had to chuckle to myself since I was excited I had already managed to get my teeth brushed and it was only 7:30! Here it is now 11 and I'm still kicking around what is basically my jammies. So for today a pony tail is the same as a shower (I was lucky enough to get 45 minutes for a bath last night!). Luckily the warmer weather makes this a little more fashionable.
The house is basically clean. Sure there's laundry to be done. There's 6 people in this house - there's always laundry to be done. But the diapers are clean. The floors were vacuumed yesterday (you can tell because the vacuum is still sitting where Krysty stopped and unplugged it). I've done a good enough amount of work for the morning. I've updated my facebook and the older girls are off to school. I think it's time to go enjoy the sunshine. Fiona has decided today is a short-nap-only day and is currently trying to entice the bulldog with a series of squeals and raspberries to come close enough to grab.
I'll put air in the tires of the jogging stroller, grab a Diet Coke and see if I can't find a dress I like for our anniversary. Maybe I'll even grab my ipod and go for a walk.

Life is good.

No comments: