Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Non-Essential

Well, we got our stuff. Or, as I’ve been thinking of it today – my Lord we have a lot of crap. It looks like someone is getting ready to film an episode of Hoarders! There are boxes EVERYWHERE! You can hardly walk in the kitchen and getting to the couches is tricky.  While we have more room in our bedroom than I had initially anticipated, I’m still not sure how everything is going to work out. 

When Doug and I moved in together we combined a cumulative 1600 square feet of apartment space into 2300 square feet of house with a two car garage.  We then lived there for four years and created a life and all of the crap that apparently goes with that.  Now we are squeezing five children and two adults into 1500 square feet that was built in 1948.  What that means to those that have never lived in an older home is that there is a ridiculously small number of outlets, tiny closets and very little kitchen cupboard space.  Where the hell am I going to put my stockpile!?!?!

Right now I am so overwhelmed I can’t even wrap my brain around it. I don’t know where to start. And so that’s why I’m sitting here talking to the world wide inter-webs.  Because anything else just seems too much.  I haven’t even worked today, although I have managed to dig my desktop out of a box. It’s a start, I suppose.  Hopefully I can get the desktop hooked up, the TV going and move enough boxes to cook the pizza I bought. Those are my less-than-lofty goals for today, Friends. 

No comments: