Monday, March 31, 2008

Latest and greatest

On Friday March 28 Doug and I found out that I am pregnant! This is such wonderful news. We have been talking about having a baby right after we got married and we've apparently just flipped the time table a little bit. It was actually a big deal to me that I not get pregnant before we got married - but now that I find that I am and we're not it's not the big deal I thought it would be. So, sometime in late November or early December we will be welcoming a new little one to our family. I was so amazed by Doug's reaction. The pure unabashed JOY. While I am in a state of shocked stupor he is bouncing and hugging and can't stop smiling. I could not have asked for what was the best reaction to this news.
After we spread the news to friends and family I did what any woman would do and drug him out shopping! I wanted to look at maternity clothes and baby stuff and just kind of wander. I bought my first pair of maternity pants and a dress! Neither of which at this point look like maternity clothes, but that's kind of the point. Still being cute when you feel like a house.
We haven't told the girls yet. Since they're at their dad's house we decided that we wanted to tell them in person and not have them hear it over the phone.
Right now I'm just so tired. We're pretty early into this. 2 weeks 4 days (about) and it's already kicking my butt. I know it'll take some time to get used to the changes, but today I'm wiped.

No comments: